Virgin Trains Terms & Conditions
By entering this giveaway, you agree to be bound by and accept these terms and conditions and rules which are accepted as final. We reserve the right to qualify any entrant who doesn’t comply with the terms and condition.
1 About the giveaway and who runs it
- We are We Are Discounts Ltd T/A Health Service Discounts and the promoter of this giveaway. It is run in association with Virgin Trains, but we are solely responsible for the giveaway’s administration, enquiries or complaints.
- The giveaway is open to UK residents over the age of 18 except for employees of We Are Discounts Ltd and Virgin Trains, their family members or anyone else professionally connected with the giveaway.
- You don’t have to pay a fee or make a purchase to enter this giveaway.
- You must be a registered member of Health Service Discounts to enter the giveaway.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants and check their identity.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant resulting from entering this giveaway or by the entrant’s acceptance of the prize.
- This promotion is governed by the laws of England and Wales.
- The prize is supplied by Virgin Trains which is a trading style of West Coast Trains Limited, registered in England and Wales No. 3007940. Registered Office: The Battleship Building, 179 Harrow Road, London, W2 6NB
2 How to enter the giveaway
- To enter the giveaway, you must enter your email address on the giveaway page and click enter. We will only accept one entry per person or email address.
- Entrants will have until 10:00pm on Sunday 7th July 2019 to enter the giveaway. Entries sent in through agents or third parties will not be entered into the giveaway.
- We will accept no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, lost, delayed, late or unable to be submitted because of any technical error or other reason. Proof of submission is not accepted as proof of receipt by us.
3 Winning the prize
- The prize is a 2 x complimentary First Class Pins for one return journey on a Virgin Trains service along the West Coast Mainline. It is not transferable and there are no cash alternatives. Prizes are usually despatched within 28 days of the winner being selected. All travel booked using the prize must be completed by 30th March 2020.
- The winner will be selected at random by an independent person on Monday 8th July 2019.
- The winner must respond within 7 days of this and we will ask for further contact details to arrange the redemption of the prize. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim their prize within 7 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner from the original giveaway entrants. Our decision is final.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equivalent or greater value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control.
4 Your information
- Your personal details will be retained for the purpose of the giveaway and will not be processed for any other purpose, unless you choose or have chosen to receive information from the Promoter.
Our general competition terms are at https://healthservicediscounts.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/202124702-Terms-and-conditions-competitions
- By entering this giveaway, the entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by and accept these terms and conditions.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name in any public material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party.
Virgin Trains - Prize Specifics
- Promotion is open to UK residents aged 18 years or over.
- The competition winner will receive 2 x complimentary First Class Pins for one return journey on a Virgin Trains service along the West Coast Mainline
- Seat reservations are compulsory and free of charge for both outward and return journeys and are only valid when travelling on Virgin Trains. Customers must travel on the trains and seats they reserve. If customers travel on different dates or trains, they will have to purchase new tickets at the full fare.
- Travel is subject to availability and requested journeys cannot be guaranteed.
- Tickets are non-refundable and the time or date of travel cannot be changed.
- Tickets can be issued as e-tickets or collected at FastTicket machines at the relevant station. e-tickets: please ensure the lead passenger name matches the name on the payment card. Once booked, no changes or refunds can be made. Your e-ticket will be emailed to you to print 2 hours after booking. Remember to bring your printed e-ticket and the payment card used to make the booking. If you don't have your printed e-ticket and payment card then a new ticket at full fare will have to be bought.
- Some weekend and occasional weekday services may be affected by engineering works, so please check when booking and also the day before you travel.
- If you have specific needs or require journey assistance when travelling by train, please contact JourneyCare at least 24 hours before you intend to travel.
- All travel is subject to The National Conditions of Carriage, please refer to the National Rail Enquiries website - www.nationalrail.co.uk/nrcoc for details.
- Travel is only available on services operated by Virgin Trains. In cases of severe disruption The National Conditions of Carriage apply. If you are in any doubt as to whether a certain train is run by Virgin Trains, you should check with the staff before boarding.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the promoter reserves the right to cancel the promotion without prior notice.
- By entering the promotion all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions and by any other requirements set out in the promotional material.
- The website is provided by Virgin Trains. The site is controlled from the UK and therefore does not represent the content which will be appropriate in all jurisdictions. If you choose to access the site from outside the UK you must ensure compliance with local laws. Your entrance to the site is subject to you accepting the terms and conditions.
- Virgin Trains reserves the right to revise the terms and conditions, information materials and notices on this site from time to time or to temporarily or permanently discontinue the site or any part of it from time to time without prior notice should circumstances make this unavoidable. You should review the terms and conditions each time you visit this site.
- Virgin Trains endeavours to ensure that the information on the site is accurate but makes no representations or warranties as to accuracy and accepts no liability for the same.
- Virgin Trains does not control all sites linked to the site and shall have no liability for the same.
- Personal information provided by you to the site will be used in accordance with the laws enforced under the Data Protection Act.
- Full Advance ticket Terms and Conditions are available at www.virgintrains.com/terms-conditions or by calling 0871 977 4222.