TransPennine Express - 20% NHS discount
Available on First Class and Standard Class Advance Tickets
Use code to access the offers page where the discounts will be automatically applied
- PLEASE NOTE, this offer is easiest to book on a desktop. If you do want to access this offer on a mobile device, then once you have registered with your email address and pin code, you will need to go to the menu at the top right of the page to select 'use desktop' and you will be able to continue with your booking
- Discounted fares are highlighted in the timetable with the TransPennine Express logo
- Advance Purchase fares are single one way fares, for a return ticket you will need to buy two single journeys
- Delivering regular services across the north of England and Scotland to Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, York, Newcastle and more
- Travel on our super fancy Nova trains with more seats, bigger tables, more plug sockets and complimentary Wi-fi
- No booking fees
Please be aware of any strike action as journeys may be disrupted and tickets unavailable
The 20% discount is applied to TransPennine Express Advance Purchase tickets only. Discounted tickets must be purchased via the unique URL and will be discounted by redeeming a unique code issued to members from The Network. A maximum of 8 discounted tickets can be purchased in a single transaction using one pin code.
Advance Purchase tickets are available on the majority of longer distance TransPennine Express journeys. Tickets are for single journeys, but return journeys can be made by purchasing two single tickets.
Seat reservations are available for Advance Purchase bookings made before the day of departure. If you book an Advance Purchase ticket without a seat reservation, you must still travel on your booked time train. Seat reservations are not provided for Advance Purchase tickets bought on the day of departure.
For all ticket origin and destinations where TPE Advance tickets are available, Advance Purchase products are available up to 15 minutes before departure, subject to availability. Advance Purchase prices are subject to availability so higher demand services (for example, at peak times) will have higher price points and as availability for a service reduces, the price will typically increase. Due to the limited availability and popularity of these tickets, please book early to avoid disappointment.
Advance Purchase savings are calculated by comparing the overall average saving of Advance Purchase standard single ticket fares for TransPennine Express journeys over a sample 12 week booking horizon, purchased before the day of travel, to the equivalent price of an Anytime Standard Single ticket.
Advance Purchase tickets are valid only for the train service for which they are booked. Changes to the date and time can be made before departure, but are subject to an administration fee except when changed through the TransPennine Express website. Advance Purchase tickets are non-refundable.
If you buy your tickets with a Railcard, don't forget to take it with you when you travel as your ticket won't be valid without it.